“It’s not about the book. It’s about who you become in the process of writing and publishing that book,” says Chandler Bolt, the founder, and CEO of Self-Publishing School and SelfPublishing.com. After dropping out of college and writing and publishing his own books, Chandler realized a strong need for people to learn how to self-publish. Now, Chandler helps his clients follow their dreams by giving them the tools to become published authors.
Chandler has always had an interest in starting his own business. While studying at the College of Charleston, Chandler could not help but notice that his professors were not business owners themselves. Chandler then dropped out of college and founded his own business. He has learned so much about what it means to be a successful entrepreneur from experience as the CEO of Self-Publishing School. A life-long learner, Chandler recognizes that owning a business can force you to self-improve so your clients receive the products they deserve.
Tune into this week’s episode of Move Forward Anyway for an honest conversation about entrepreneurship. Learn how Chandler started Self-Publishing School, how entrepreneurship motivates self-improvement and the importance of understanding what drives your work.
• “I think everyone watching or listening to this probably has had their life changed by reading a book, but it’s not about the book. It’s about who you become in the process of writing and publishing that book.” (3:30 – 3:44)
• “You can only get smacked in the face so many times before you turn around to look and listen. There was a line of people that said, ‘I want to learn this.’ And that’s what led to us launching Self-Publishing School.” (5:42 – 5:53)
• “Until you have sales, you don’t have a business; you have a business idea.” (7:59 – 8:03)
• “I think it’s so easy to glamorize entrepreneurship, and as a society, we do. It’s just a highlight reel and what you don’t see is it’s a roller coaster.” (11:39 – 11:51)
• “I think it starts with surrounding yourself with people who are in your corner and encouraging you. So, it is being surrounded by great people.” (16:06 – 16:13)
• “There is this Napoleon quote and he says, ‘Do not wait. The time will never be just right. Start where you stand and work with whatever tools you have at your command, perhaps finding better tools as you go along.’” (22:13 – 22:25)
The first 50 people to click on this link will win a free copy of Published.: The Proven Path From Blank Page To 10,000 Copies Sold by Chandler Bolt: www.publishedbook.com/jeffmeyer
Get in touch with Chandler Bolt:
• Website: self-publishingschool.com and SelfPublishing.com
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chandler.bolt1
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/self_pub_school
• Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/chandlerbolt/
• Company LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/self-publishing-school
• Chandler’s Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/8648642222
• Instagram: @self_publishing_school
• Skype: chandler_bolt
Get in touch with host Jeff Meyer:
• Schedule a Discovery Call with Jeff: https://go.oncehub.com/DreamAcceleratorDiscoveryCall